[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Virtual fitness classes are becoming more and more popular with current fitness enthusiasts and new starters. Here are 15 reasons why fitness businesses need to start creating original virtual fitness classes to give them the advantage in their local area!
- Giving current members access to online workouts allows them to stay motivated and on track with their training. Virtual classes can help them stay on track when they go on holiday or are away on business. Helping members to workout wherever they are means they stay loyal to you and reinforcing relationships so they don’t feel like they’re behind when they return to training.
- It’s easy to reversion fitness videos into shorter free workouts and clips for social media. It’s then easy to send traffic to consume the full-length content because it’s the content they most value!
- More people are working out at home than ever before. Research suggests 62% of gym and studio members do some sort of exercise at home with fitness apps or use digital platforms. Your members could be looking for a convenient solution to train more with you.
- Virtual workouts advertise your facility 24/7 if you publish content on platforms like Instagram TV and YouTube. Optimizing your content for search engines can help people in your local area find your business.
- Producing high-quality videos is cheap and easy if you have your own camera and studio space. You don’t have to hire a space to make your videos and you can build a library of content quickly. Workouts can be short, so you can film them whenever the studio is not being used.
- Over time your workout videos will increase in views and watch time. Use these statistics and dive into the analytics to get a better understanding of your audience and create more of the content that’s most popular.
- Showing participants in your videos helps to reassure others that the program is suitable for them too. They may even recognize a friend participating and your loyal followers will be keen to share with their friends any video content they appear in.
- Allowing new prospects the opportunity to try before they visit your facility is great marketing. It’s not heavy on your resources or demanding of your staff’s time. You’re providing useful content that they can build into their routine so they want more. Exercising remotely also helps them to build their confidence before they attend in person.
- Free videos serve as a gateway to premium content and possibly additional revenue streams. Allowing members to upgrade their memberships to include access to your virtual workouts is a quick way of increasing profits.
- Allow your members to downgrade to a virtual membership if they need to take a break. Keeping your members connected to your brand and giving them a low-cost option increases the likelihood that they’ll come back.
- Offer free trials to of your virtual workouts to loyal members so they feel rewarded and appreciated for their efforts.
- If you have a community who enjoy your free workouts, offer them to sign up for a 5-day video workout challenge – a splinter of your paid program. Those who complete the challenge will feel more compelled to continue their progression and take the next step.
- If you sell a premium product or program that’s oversubscribed, you can offer a primer video workout program to complete until places become available again. This helps to pre-qualify applicants to improve conversions. The ones that make it to the end are more likely to buy your higher-priced product.
- Virtual fitness classes provide an opportunity for you to partner with other local businesses. You could offer advertising space in your videos to clothing, equipment or food brands.
- Turn your instructors into local celebrities! Class participants love their instructors and instructors love Instagram! Invest in your immediate talent and they’ll be proud to shout about their classes and bring in new business!
- Members will relocate to other facilities to follow their favorite instructors. So having an exclusive video library of workouts from your top instructors could appease them in the event of your top instructors leaving.
- Getting new members to visit again as soon as possible increases their membership lifetime. Emailing them links to stretching videos they can do at home helps them to recover faster. This lengthens the customer journey; connects them to your brand for longer, and shows that you care.